How to get to the Royal Exhibition Building
The venue is located just north of Melbourne’s CBD, next to the Melbourne Museum in Carlton Gardens and is easily accessible by car, tram, bus and train. Visitors can enter the Show via the Nicholson Street entry of the Royal Exhibition Building.
Located under Melbourne Museum, undercover parking is open 7 days a week from 6.00am to midnight daily. Enter via Rathdowne Street or Nicholson Street. You can also book your car park here for a discounted rate online.
Venue Car Parking Rates (under Museum) from 2017
Weekday Rates (daily max of $43)
|0-1 hrs: $13||1-2 hrs: $23||2-3 hrs: $28||3-4 hrs: $33||4-5 hrs: $38||5-6 hrs: $43|
Early bird Monday – Friday: Enter before 9.30am, exit after 2.30pm: $17
Night Rate: Flat rate after 4.00pm: $7
Weekend Rate: Flat rate per day: $17
Monday – Friday: 0-2 hrs $11 | 2+ hrs $16
Weekend: 0-2 hrs $9 | 2+ hrs $11
Night: enter after 4.00pm $5
Car Parks Nearby
Wilson Car Park (90 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne)
Monday – Friday Early Bird $17 (enter before 9.30am, exit after 2.30pm)
|0-1 hr: $20||1-2 hrs: $41||2-3 hrs: $60||3-4 hrs: $69||4+ hrs: $73|
Wilson Car Park (410 Albert Street, East Melbourne)
Monday – Friday Early Bird $17 (enter before 10.00am, exit after 3.00pm)
|0-1 hr: $18||1-2: hrs: $39||2-3 hrs: $56||3-4 hrs: $63||5+ hrs: $72|
Lygon Street Car Park (204-218 Lygon St, Carlton)
Friday Early Bird $13 (entry before 9.15am & exit between 3pm & 6pm) with max day rate of $18.
Other Car Parks in the Area
- Secure Parking – ACU, 115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065
- Secure Parking – 59 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- JM Carparks – 148 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Wilson Parking – 150 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Wilson Parking – 222 Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Secure Parking – Southern Cross Tower, 121 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Eastern Precinct Car Park – 379 Cardigan St, Carlton VIC 3053
- Greenco Parking – 23 Victoria St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- CBDpark – 58 Franklin St, Melbourne VIC 3000
By Public Transport
Please see details below and we recommend you also visit the Public Transport Victoria for the most up-to-date information on transport advice on the day. You can also plan your trip using the Journey Planner.
Public Transport Options:
- Tram route 86 or tram route 96 to corner of Nicholson and Gertrude Streets
- Free City Circle Tram to Victoria Parade
- City loop train to Parliament Station
- Bus routes 250, 251 and 402 to Rathdowne Street
- Stop #5 of the Melbourne Visitor Shuttle
- Making a trip to the city? Take a V/Line train
Local bicycle facilities include bike lanes on Rathdowne St and Canning St. There is also a shared pedestrian/bike path on Nicholson St. Bicycle racks on the Plaza provide ample bike parking just outside the front door.
Designated disabled parking is available on level P2 adjacent to the lifts within the undercover Melbourne Museum car park. There is wheelchair access to the venue.