On Saturday 30th November and Sunday 1st December the magnificent Royal Exhibition Building will host a substantially bigger and better Cat Lovers Show!
We were overwhelmed by the passion and support received from the Cat-loving community at our launch event last year. We learnt so much from running the first Cat Lovers Show and gathered valuable feedback from our visitors, so that we can build a better festival and a fabulous experience for all Cat lovers this year.
Our team has worked incredibly hard to solve some of the challenges we experienced last year, and with the Show returning soon, we’re confident that you’re going to absolutely love the new layout and attractions. The 2019 Show will be 70% larger, occupying both levels of the Royal Exhibition Building with a popular feline food truck park outside to fuel up for the day.
We have already confirmed that double the number of Cats will be at the Show across the Trouble & Trix Breed Showcase, Royal Canin Stage, Black Hawk Stage, PETstock Assist Adoption and Pat-A-Cat Zones with over 30 rare, pedigree and companion breeds with more than 15 feline-inspired visitor attractions.
A fundamental mission for us is to raise awareness for Cat rescue and adoption and to find as many loving and well-suited homes for Felines in need. So we encourage you to visit the PETstock Assist Adoption Zone and Stage to learn more about what is really involved with Cat adoption and to hear from a wide range of leading shelters and rescue organisations.
The health and well-being of Cats is paramount, and we need to respect that some Cats are not comfortable in foreign, busy environments. So please understand that whilst there will be a lot more Cats than last year, not all of them enjoy being petted. Some felines at the Show will be napping, some will be in crates and no doubt many of the more confident kitty’s will be prancing about enjoying their adoring fans. Cats are very particular creatures, so please respect their personal space and mood and always ask the handler before approaching or touching any Cats at the event.
Last year was a sell-out and unfortunately a lot of people missed out. Demand for tickets is already exceeding last year and we will be limiting the number of tickets for sale each day to ensure we deliver an enjoyable experience for all visitors and ensure Cat welfare. To avoid missing out we strongly encourage you to book your tickets now as we anticipate another sell-out Show.
What’s on at the 2019 Show:
- The Royal Canin Stage presents eduCATional talks from some of Australia’s more renowned animal experts, vets and behaviourists, including Dr Chris Brown, Dr Katrina Warren, Australia’s newest Bondi Vet Dr Danni Dusek and animal advocate Rose Horton!
- Entertaining and educational demonstrations in the Black Hawk Stage showcasing some amazing Cat-talents that you have to see to believe including Catmantoo featuring Didga and Bindi, plus trainer-extraordinaire Kelly Gill and her TV star kitty ‘Tigger’!
- Discover everything you need to know about providing a loving home for a Cat in need in the PETstock Assist Adoption Zone, this year with even more rescue groups taking part, experts on hand and the dedicated PETstock Assist Adoption Stage where Lara Shannon from Pooches at Play on Channel Ten will talk with leading Cat shelters.
- The Trouble & Trix Breed Showcase returns and will be tripled in size compared to last year with over 30 breeds represented and a great opportunity to meet and learn about a wide array of wonderful Cats from respected breeders and owners to help understand lifestyle requirements, temperament and characteristics.
- Have any breed specific questions? The all-new Trouble & Trix Ask-A-Breeder Stage has talks scheduled across both days giving insights on over 20 breeds represented at the show.
- The purrfect place to see, compare and buy all the latest and greatest Cat products and services to spoil your kitty with 150+ exhibitors, stacks of new product launches and exclusive show specials. It’s the best place to shop for your Cat in the lead up to Xmas!
- Free Feline Face Painting, a Funny Photo Wall and Cat-art & Craft activities in the GET CATTY! Kitty-Kids Zone!
- No festival is complete without an offering of yummy food trucks and mouth watering culinary delights. The new Feline-Food Truck Park will present some of Melbourne most popular food trucks for you to take a break and enjoy throughout your day plus we have also substantially increased the number of cafe outlets within the show.
- Kids and grown-ups will love the opportunity to get up-close-and-paw-sonal with felines of all shapes, sizes and breeds in the Pat-A-Cat zone.
- The Purrfect Paws & Prosecco Parlour returns to create a nail art polishing paradise with visitors able to enjoy a glass of bubbly whilst their paws are pampered by some of the best nail technicians in the world from Clara H Nails who has collaborated with notable names in the fashion industry and is the ‘go-to’ nail artist in Melbourne for Serena Williams & Katy Perry!
- Add a little feline-flair to your outfit on the day to make it the biggest Cat-dress up party in Australia! The Kitty-Cosplay CATwalk Fashion Purrade will be returning with a daily cash prize for the best outfit!
- Purrfect Match Zone will help you to compare and learn more about over 50 Cat breeds on giant posters with all the information needed to make an informed decision on your next Cat.
- Free vet, behaviour, grooming and training advice is available all day and every day in the Ask-An-Expert zone – without the bill!
- Enter the Major Door Prize at the show via iPads at the entry points and go into the draw to WIN a cat-pack full of fantastic goodies for your Puss worth over $2,800.
CATcha this November!
Cat Lovers Show Creator