The Siberian (Forest) Cat is an ancient breed now believed to have been ancestral to all modern longhaired cats including both the Angora and the Persian.
The overall impression should be a cat of great strength and size with excellent physical tone
GROOMING AND PHYSICAL NEEDS
Size: The Siberian is a medium to medium-large cat demonstrating overall strength, presence and alertness
- Grooming Needs: Do not tend to mat quickly, so require a bruch once or twice a week.
- Coat Type: distinctive semi-long, dense triple coat & and thick densely covered tail
- Moulting: tend to molt over summer.
- Exercise Needs:
- Average Life Span: 11-15 years
- Family: An excellent choice for families with kids
- Temperament: Siberian cats are very personable and want to be near their owners.
- Sociability (Other Pets): happy living with other cats & cat friendly dogs as long it is recognised that he is in charge.
- Meowing: very vocal
Stand Number: Trouble & Trix Breed Showcase