Since 2018, the Melbourne Cat Lovers Show has stamped its paw as one of the largest and leading festivals in the world dedicated to educating, entertaining and inspiring Cat lovers.
The 2019 Show attracted over 20,000 feline fanatics! Click on the link above to check out a highlights video and see the event in action, be amazed by its size and popularity, and watch interviews with some of the Exhibitors.
Ticket sales break records!
Since 2019, due to the impacts of the pandemic, it has been impossible to stage a Show, yet there has been a huge spike in cat ownership across Australia. With ticket sales already breaking previous Show records, big crowds are expected to return in 2022.
A new home for Cat Lovers!
This year’s Show, to be held on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June from 9am to 5pm daily, will be located at the country’s leading, purpose-built event space, the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, therefore ensuring a superior experience for Exhibitors and visitors.
Expo stands almost sold out!
In other great news, expo stands have almost sold out. To check out the available stands and the confirmed Exhibitors click here. To book a stand, select the preferred stand location, then email [email protected] and a representative will be in touch to help finalise the details.
We’re purring with excitement to offer this cost-effective and targeted marketing opportunity for a limited number of businesses. Exhibitors gain face-to-face contact with over 20,0000 passionate, high-spending Cat owners in just one jam-packed weekend, raising brand awareness and driving sales.
Check out the Floor Plan and 2019 Post-Show Report via the links on this page or click here to view the 2019 PR Report detailing the extensive media coverage the Show enjoys, also benefitting Exhibitors and Sponsors. For more information on taking part please contact Jason Humphris on 1300 889 655 or [email protected]
Key Event Stats
- 30,000+ highly engaged followers across Facebook and Instagram;
- 22,000+ Consumer database consisting of previous Show visitors and loyalty club members;
- 8,000+ trade database consisting of marketing-spend decision makers across the Australian pet sector;
- Annual event marketing/PR campaigns into Melbourne with a value of around $750K;
- 20,000+ passionate animal lovers expected to attend the 2022 Cat Lovers Show in Melbourne, with a similar sized crowd expected to attend the 2023 Sydney Cat Lovers Show at the Sydney Showground, alongside the Dog Lovers Show;
- Strong relationships across all media sectors driving exceptional PR coverage of one of Australia’s most popular festivals; and
- Limited 2022 pre-sale tickets SOLD OUT in under 72 Hours, showing massive demand for the event to return.
Key Event Attractions
- The Trouble & Trix Breed Showcase, featuring a bounty of beautiful Cats of rare, pedigree and companion breeds including Maine Coon, British Shorthair, Scottish Fold, Toyger, Norwegian Forest Cat, and more;
- The highly popular Pat-A-Cat where visitors will enjoy a 10-minute audience with cool Cats;
- Free talks from some of Australia’s leading cat experts, including Dr Chris Brown, Dr Katrina Warren, Kelly Gill, Rose Horton, Lara Shannon, and Alex Hecker on the PETstock Stage;
- America’s ‘Cat Daddy’ Jackson Galaxy live via satellite from the USA on the PETstock Stage;
- Australia’s biggest kitty supermarket, with 150+ exhibitors, stacks of new product launches and exclusive show specials;
- Free talks from experts on Breed Information and Cat Adoption Stages with special Q&A sessions;
- The Purrfect Match Zone, where visitors can compare dozens of cat breeds based on a plethora of different factors, and take a survey to assist them to find the perfectly matched kitty;
- The Paws & Prosecco Bar, sponsored by Relaxhouse Furniture, where the team from Clara H Nails will pamper visitors with their internationally renowned nail artistry skills;
- The Kitty-Kids Zone, for feline-themed face painting, Funny Photo, and the Glitter Selfie Wall – and of course ice-cream, popcorn and other treats; and
- A wide array of fabulous, extra attractions including a Door Prize, and Melbourne’s best Food Trucks.
Key Cat Stats
- In 2021, there were an estimated 4.9 million pet cats in Australia;
- The typical pet cat is now likely to be under 6 years of age, acquired through an animal shelter or via friends/family;
- Around one in two cats (48%) continue to be obtained for free, while the other half had cost an average of $372;
- Methods of obtaining cats have remained consistent since 2019: most commonly through animal shelters (27%), or friends/family/neighbours (25%), followed by breeders (14%), adopting strays (12%), pet shops (9%), vets (6%), inherited (1%) and miscellaneous other means (5%);
- A quarter of cats (24%) were acquired during the COVID pandemic, with 53% of these obtained by experienced cat owners; and
- Companionship remains as the top motivation for getting a cat, followed by rescuing the cat.
Source: Animal Medicines Australia: Pets and the Pandemic Report.