Bambinos are the deliberate hybrid from a sphynx and munchkin they are short legs and no coat although not truly hairless. The skin should have the texture of Chamois. They maybe covered with a fine down that is almost imperceptible to the eye and touch.
The famous hariless cat! A small cat, generally classified as a dwarf cat along with other miniature cats like the Dwelf, Minskin, Lambkin and other short legged cats.
Grooming and Physical Needs
Size: On the small side.
- Grooming Needs: Whilst shedding is minimal this cat needs regular bathing to keep its skin soft, clean and supple.
- Coat Type: Hairless, sleep. Massage and light water rubbing to maintain.
- Moulting: Next to no shedding.
- Exercise Needs: Regular light play.
- Average Life Span: 12-15 years
- Healthcare: The Bambino is generally a robust and healthy cat, but they are prone to the genetic heart condition Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) which is seen in the Sphynx.
- Family: They get along well with children provided that the kids are taught to treat the cat respectfully.
- Temperament: Bambino cats are friendly, intelligent, and affectionate. They love to be handled and cuddled up on the laps of their family members.
- Trainability: Not known for tricks and training.
- Sociability (Other Pets): They get along well with other pets, provided that proper introductions with the other pets are made.
- Meowing: Overall quiet cat.
Information courtesy of ANCAT